local area code and US

• groggi42
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #167 by groggi42
local area code and US was created by groggi42
Hi,
I am interested in purchasing a few phones but I have a question.
I live in the United States
I would like to program the phone so it adds the area code: 012 to the beginning of every call they dial
EXCEPT: if they dial *7, in which case I want it to dial a typical US phone number (513-385-1234)
Thus, no matter what they do (as long as they don't know how to program the phone) it will always dial 012 first (except when they press *7)
Your manual says to save a local area code, it must start with 0, and in america, our area codes do not start with zero. Does that mean I cannot PROGRAM the phone to dial an area code that starts with zero because our area codes don't start with zero? I know that the call will not go through, which is exactly what I want to happen. I just want to know if it is still possible to program the phone to dial an area code that starts with zero in the US.
Is that possible?
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• admin
More
9 years 2 months ago #168 by admin
Replied by admin on topic local area code and US
Hello groggi42,

we just tried and what you want is possible with the Opis 60s mobile.
First you have to set a local area code like this: *01#012* (Now every number - including quick dials - will have 012 prepended - the local area prepend works everywhere, including US, only that you will not be connected in the US like you say)
Next you program quick dial *7 like this: *02#7#5133851234#* (note the extra # before the final *. Any number that is terminated with an additional # ignores the local area code, so the quick dial would now work as intended).

Best regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.