Opis 60s Mobile in the USA

• the5thbeatle
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #259 by the5thbeatle
Opis 60s Mobile in the USA was created by the5thbeatle
I was all set to order the Opis 60s Mobile from Amazon.com, when I saw that it says "mains-powered charger with continental European mains plug". Is there a way to get one of these phones with a US plug off of Amazon?
I just wanted to confirm that if I order from the Opis website, that I'll get a phone that I can use with a standard plug in the USA.

Also at Amazon, it says "for all 2G networks (ATTENTION: 2G will NOT work on AT&T by end of 2016)". I'm as bad as my 88 year old mother (whom I'd be buying this phone), but what exactly does this mean? After 2016 will this phone be usable?

Thank you for answering my questions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• admin
More
7 years 10 months ago #260 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Opis 60s Mobile in the USA
Dear the 5th beatle,

there was actually an error in the description on the American Amazon site. The Opis 60s mobile is supplied to the US with a US power plug. We have now update the description. Out apologies for the confusion.
Regarding the question of if the phone will be usable in the US after 2016, the answer is yes, but not with AT&T. The Opis 60s mobile is a 2G telephone, which is still the network that works in most places of the world. In fact, several countries in Europe have decided to keep 2G for longer than 3G. In the US, Verizon will keep 2G till 2021 according to their current plans and T-Mobile have no plans to shut down 2G in the foreseeable future.

Best regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.