(Prossimamente disponibile in italiano.)
How can I plug the Opis 60s micro into my iPhone 7/7 Plus or newer?
From the iPhone 7/7+ and higher, Apple have decided to stop including the standard 3.5mm audio jack. However, Apple have also started shipping each iPhone with a Lightning to 3.5mm audio jack adapter cable. To get your Opis 60s micro to work with your iPhone 7/7+ and higher, all you need to do is:
1. Plug the Lightning to 3.5mm adapter into your iPhone's Lightning port.
2. Plug the Opis 60s micro into the Lightning to 3.5mm adapter.
Why doesn't my phone detect the Opis 60s micro?
There are at least 2 reasons:
1. Maybe the plug is not all the way in. (This may for example happen if you use a phone case that has a opening that is too small for the plug.)
2. Maybe your phone follows the OMTP standard. Please see below.
Why can I hear the other person but the other person can't hear me?
This is probably due to your phone following the old OMTP connection standard as oposed to the new CTIA one used in most phones and in the Opis 60s micro. Unfortunately, two different industry standards exist and while you cannot tell the difference by looking at them, there are internal differences. These differences lead to bad or no audio being audible at the opposite end.
Fortunately, there is the possibility to get an adapter like this one, which will allow you to use your Opis 60s micro with your phone even if it follows the old OMTP standard.
How do I know my phone is compatible with the Opis 60s micro?
First of all, check if there is a 3.5mm socket on your phone. The Opis 60s micro can only be used when this socket is present.
Here is a list of common phones and portable devices known to work directly (without adapter):
- All Apple iPhones, iPads, iPods and Macs
- All Samsung Galaxy Products
- All Sony Xperia devices built in 2012 or later
- All Nokia Lumia phones
Here is a list of common phones and portable devices with 3.5mm socket that need an adapter:
- All Nokia phones that are not Lumias and were built prior to 2012
- All Sony and Sony Ericsson Phones prior to 2012
What if I cannot get my Opis 60s micro to work, even with an adapter?
At this moment, we do not know of a phone with 3.5mm socket that doesn't work either with adapter or without.
Should you encounter one, please inform us of the manufacturer and model number and we will see if we can help you make the Opis 60s micro work, or at least will make a full refund upon return of the product.